How do you fry a perfect steak?
- DIRECTIONS Wash and rinse steak. Rub steak with olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper, put aside. Cut onions and sauté in 1 tbsp butter and put it aside. Add 1 tbsp butter to skillet, and add steak. Fry each side for 8 minutes on med low heat. If the pan begins to dry time after time, add water, NOT OIL. Eat with onions.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature. Rub the steaks with 1/4 teaspoon oil per side and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) (a very hot oven produces a juicy interior).
- Immediately place steaks in the middle of the hot, dry pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes without moving; turn steaks with tongs, and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pan with the seared steaks to the hot oven.
- Transfer the cooked steaks to a warm platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Give it a rest.
- While the steaks are resting, place the skillet over medium heat. Add ½ cup dry red wine to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Serve the steaks whole or slice thin and fan onto individual serving plates. Pour the sauce over the steaks just before serving.
Reference: See less
Was this helpful?
What is the best way to cook a steak?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Preheat a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot.
Sear steaks in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side.
If the steak has a side of fat, turn the steak onto its side and render the fat by searing it for 2-3 minutes as well.
How can I make my steak juicy and tender?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
How does Gordon Ramsay cook the perfect steak?
Do you oil the steak or the pan?
You put oil in the pan
Don’t go putting your vegetable oil or sunflower oil straight into your frying pan. When cooking steak you need to oil the steak itself to ensure that perfect outer texture once cooked, and of course so it doesn’t stick. Also, do allow your pan to get hot before frying up that piece of meat!
Is it better to cook steak in butter or oil?
Extra virgin olive oil has a low smoke point of around 320 degrees, and butter is a bit higher at around 350 degrees. Better choices for grilling or frying steak include peanut oil, canola oil, and extra light olive oil, all of which have smoke points above 400 degrees.
Do you cook steak in butter?
Put the pan over high heat, and leave it until it is extremely hot. Add 1T butter and 2T olive or canola oil to the pan and watch for the butter starting to brown. Place the steak into the pan and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the first side for 4-6 minutes.
Does vinegar tenderize meat?
The acetic acid in the vinegar breaks down meat fibers, making them more tender and flavorful.
Why is my steak tough and chewy?
An undercooked steak will be a little tough since all the fat has not be converted into flavors and the juice has not started to flow, hence the steak is tough and chewy. An overcooked steak on the other hand, will be tougher and chewier since heat erodes all the fats and juices, leaving it hard.
How do you bake a juicy steak?
How To Cook Steak In The Oven:
- Begin with room-temperature steak. Let it rest out on the counter for 30-45 minutes or so, until it comes fully to room temperature.
- Season the steak.
- Pre-heat your skillet.
- Sear the steak on one side.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake.
- Transfer steak to a clean plate.
- Rest the steak.
- Serve warm!
How long does Gordon Ramsay cook steak?
For rare, cook 2-3 minutes within the first side, then flip the steak. About 1 1/2 minutes in the second side, melt butter into your pan.
How does Gordon Ramsay cook the perfect ribeye?
How does Gordon Ramsay cook beef?
Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Season the beef with salt and pepper; sear in a hot roasting pan with the olive oil to brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes each side. Transfer to oven; roast, allowing 15 minutes a pound (450 g) for rare or 20 minutes a pound (450 g) for medium.