What is the best way to cook ribs on the grill?
- The key to perfect grilled ribs is cooking them over indirect heat, the coolest area of a hot grill. Indirect heat keeps the ribs juicy on the inside and creates a beautiful crust on the outside. For a gas grill, light one side, but leave the other side unlit—this is where you’ll cook your ribs.
How long does it take to cook ribs on the grill?
Place the ribs right on the grill, using tongs to maneuver them into place.
Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes on each side.
After the first hour, move the ribs to direct medium heat and cook 20-40 minutes longer, or until the pork is tender (more on this in a minute).
How long does it take to grill ribs on a propane grill?
Brush the cooking grates clean. Place the ribs on the grill over direct medium heat and cook for 1 hour, with the lid closed, occasionally turning the packets over for even cooking, making sure not to pierce the foil. 6. Remove the packets from the grill and let rest for about 10 minutes.
How do you make ribs on the grill?
Should you boil ribs before grilling them?
You don’t need to boil spareribs before grilling because you can make tender, juicy, delicious ribs without boiling them. Some cooks prefer to boil ribs before cooking and a typical time, with the ribs fully submerged in salted water, is around 45 minutes to an hour on a medium-low simmer.
Should I wrap ribs in foil when grilling?
Using eight 18-by-24-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil, double wrap each half rack in its own packet. Place the ribs on the grill over direct medium heat and cook for 1 hour, with the lid closed, occasionally turning the packets over for even cooking, making sure not to pierce the foil.
When should I wrap my ribs in foil?
In competition, most cooks do, but it is a pain for very little gain. If you must wrap, many websites tout the 3-2-1 method. It says you should cook a slab of St. Louis cut pork ribs for 3 hours, then wrap it in foil for 2 hours, then take it out of the foil for 1 hour.
How do you cook ribs on a propane grill?
Place the rack, bone-side down on the grill, close the lid, and adjust the grill until it holds a temperature of 300 degrees Fahrenheit/150 degrees Celsius. Now, let the ribs cook for 30 minutes. Don’t open the lid. This will hold in as much smoke as possible.
How do you know when ribs are done on the grill?
According to USDA, ribs are “done” when they are 145°F internal temp, but they may still be tough. If you take them up to 190 to 203°F, the collagens and fats melt at this temp and make the meat more tender and juicy. Then they’re ready!
How do you cook on a propane grill?
As with all grills, clean the cooking surface before use.
- Open the lid to prevent gas from building up in the cooking chamber.
- To start a propane grill, turn the valve on the top of the tank counter-clockwise.
- Turn on the other burners.
- Close the lid and allow to warm for 15 to 20 minutes before cooking.
What temperature do I grill pork ribs?
Check grill to see if it’s reached the proper temperature, 200 degrees F. Place ribs on grill over drip pan, close barbecue lid and cook for about 1 1/2-2 hours at 200 degrees F. Turn ribs every 20-30 minutes, adding coals or adjusting gas to maintain a steady 200 degrees F.
What do you Season ribs with?
How to Season Ribs
- Rinse the rack of ribs in cold water.
- Lie the ribs on a flat surface meat-side down.
- Cut off any excess fat from the ribs.
- Rub liquid smoke over both sides of the ribs.
- Season both sides of the ribs with a generous amount of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the ribs on a platter and cover with plastic wrap.
How do you cook a slab of ribs?
How We Cook Ribs in the Oven
- Remove the membrane (remember, this ensures fall-off-the-bone ribs).
- Generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cover the ribs with aluminum foil.
- Bake the ribs at a low temperature (275F) for 3 to 4 hours or until they are tender.