How can you microwave an ear of corn?
- Microwave Corn. Place ear (s) of corn on paper towel in microwave. For 1000 watt microwave,nuke corn for time according to the following table.
- Wrap It Up. Wrap hot corn in a clean dish towel and let sit for five minutes.
- EAT. Shuck the corn (much easier now that it’s cooked) and de-tassel. Season to taste.
How long do you microwave can corn?
approximately four minutes
How do you microwave corn in the husk?
In it, an ATK chef suggests cutting off the stalk end of the corn a couple inches from the bottom, leaving the husk intact, then microwaving it for 2 to 4 minutes. After removing the corn from the microwave, all you need to do is hold the top of the husk (the un-cut end) and shake.
How long does it take to microwave corn on the cob without husk?
Can you microwave corn on the cob to make popcorn?
Put whole corn cob, or extracted kernels, into a medium-size paper bag. Fold the end of the bag over twice, and microwave on high heat until popping slows to between 2–3 seconds. Be careful of steam when you open the bag. Enjoy your popcorn on the cob!
Is corn on the cob good for you?
The Bottom Line
Corn is rich in fiber and plant compounds that may aid digestive and eye health. Yet, it’s high in starch, can spike blood sugar and may prevent weight loss when consumed in excess. The safety of genetically modified corn may also be a concern. Still, in moderation, corn can be part of a healthy diet.
How do you cook frozen ears of corn?
- Place your corn in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Set the stove to high heat and cook until the water is boiling.
- Cover the pot, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- With tongs, remove corn from hot water and place on a plate. Serve immediately.