- Crack an egg into a microwave-safe bowl or mug.
- Add 1/3 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Cover the bowl with a plate.
- Cook on 50 percent power for one minute.
- Continuing cook in 15-second increments until the yolk is set.
18 sep. 2018
How long does it take to microwave an egg?
- Microwave a bowl of water (deep enough to submerge the egg) for 3 minutes until hot. Lightly prick the bottom of the egg with a safety pin or thumbtack to prevent the egg from exploding. Place the egg into the bowl of hot water, cover with a plate, and microwave at 50% power for 4 minutes.
How do you microwave an egg without it exploding?
Lightly prick the bottom of the egg with a safety pin or thumbtack to prevent the egg from exploding.
Place the egg into the bowl of hot water, cover with a plate, and microwave at 50% power for 4 minutes.
If you like a runnier yolk, remove and peel the egg now.
Can you hard boil an egg in the microwave?
To hard boil eggs in the microwave, start by putting them in a bowl and then filling the bowl with water so the eggs are completely covered. Microwave the eggs on medium for 6-12 minutes, depending on how cooked you want them. Once the eggs are done microwaving, let them cool completely before serving.
What happens when you microwave an egg?
You must break the eggs out of their shells before microwaving. If you cook an egg in shell in the microwave, it’s likely to explode. Microwaves heat so quickly that steam builds up faster than an egg can ‘exhale’ it through its pores and the steam bursts through the shell.
Will an egg explode in a microwave?
Use minimum times when cooking eggs in the microwave, as they are easily overcooked. Never microwave an egg in its shell because it will explode. Even out of the shell, eggs may explode in the microwave because rapid heating causes steam to build up under the yolk membrane faster than it can escape.