How long do you cook sweet corn?
- Sweet corn can be eaten both on or off the cob. The best thing to remember is NOT TO OVERCOOK it. If on the cob, shuck and clean the corn, bring your water to a boil, drop corn in, and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
How do you microwave corn?
- Place 1 to 4 ears of corn in the microwave. Place 1 to 4 ears of corn, un-shucked, in the microwave in a single layer.
- Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes. For just 1 or 2 ears of corn, microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Set the ears on a cooling rack or cutting board to cool.
How long should I boil corn?
Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Add the peeled corn on the cob. Cover and return to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
How long do you warm up corn on the cob in the microwave?
How to Reheat Corn on the Cob in the Microwave
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the corn with either a damp towel or plastic wrap.
- Set the timer for 10-20 second bursts — this will ensure the corn doesn’t just pop (and by the way you won’t get popcorn from pre-cooked corn).
- Reheat until the corn is warm.
How do you cook frozen sweet corn in the microwave?
Microwave 1 cup of frozen kernels on high for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through. For every extra cup of frozen kernels, add on 1 minute of cooking time. In both cases, for canned and frozen corn, cook in a shallow, microwave-safe bowl for even heating.