Is sirloin a good steak?
- Sirloin tip steak is a good choice of meat for dieters and those who are concerned about their waistline. Yes, this beef cut is boneless, lean and contains less fats. Obtained from the rear back part of bovine, this is less tender.
How do I cook the perfect sirloin steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
How do you cook steak on the stovetop?
How to cook steak On The Stovetop
- Turn on your exhaust fan and heat a heavy pan over medium-high heat until it’s VERY hot.
- Leave it alone!
- Continue to cook the steaks for another 3 to 4 minutes on the bottom side for rare or medium-rare.
- If you are serving the steaks unsliced, transfer them to plates and serve hot.
How long should you cook a sirloin steak?
Bake for 2 to 6 minutes, to your desired level of doneness. For a 1.5-inch (4 cm) thick steak, that’s usually 2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done.
What is the best way to cook a steak?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot. Sear steaks in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side. If the steak has a side of fat, turn the steak onto its side and render the fat by searing it for 2-3 minutes as well.