Place the chicken breasts on the hot side of the grate, directly above the coals. Sear the breasts for about three to four minutes per side, turning only once, until golden brown. If the grill flares up, temporarily move the chicken away from the coals.
How long do you cook chicken on the charcoal grill?
- How Long to Grill Chicken Breast Parts and Pieces: Chicken breast half, skinless and boneless Weight: 6 to 8 ounces Grilling Type: Direct Grilling Time: 15 to 18 minutes Doneness: 165°F
How long does it take to cook chicken leg quarters on a charcoal grill?
Heat charcoal grill to 300-degrees F.
Place leg quarters skin side up on the grill.
Cooked covered for 15-18 minutes.
Flip chicken and continue cooking another 15-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165-degrees F.
How do you cook on a charcoal grill?
How do you keep chicken moist when grilling?
Brining is simply submerging the chicken in a salt-water solution before grilling. This prevents the chicken from overcooking on the grill and also helps it get great grill marks, as the increased surface moisture and sugars brown quickly. Brining also keeps the interior of the chicken breasts juicy while grilling.
How do you grill chicken without burning it?
How to Grill BBQ Chicken without Burning It!
- Drizzle chicken thighs and legs with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper or your favorite spice.
- Place the chicken on a hot grill, about 450 degrees.
- Brush some BBQ sauce on the chicken.
- Flip the chicken, brush the top side with sauce and close the lid again and grill for 1 minute.